Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Dreams

For as long as I can remember--I've been dreaming. My earliest dream memory is from when I was 7 years old. I had a dream I was standing on a bike pump and when I pumped it, it floated me up into the sky--so high that I could touch a rainbow. Man, that is cheesy. But I still remember that feeling of weightlessness even to this day. That bottomless-ness that begins like a pit in your stomach and then seems to grow and pour out of your head.

These days my dreams are less exciting.

Lately, I keep having dreams about showers. I'm in a house--either my own or visiting someone else's and I have a choice of maybe 5 different showers. They are all spacious, unique and sometimes out in the open but I'm never nervous about anyone seeing me naked. Even that time the shower was in a curtain-less gazebo in the front yard of my childhood home.

What does this mean?

Dreams about your teeth falling out means you are worried about something. Dreams about school and suddenly remembering that you haven't been to any classes and are in danger of failing means you feel like there's something you forgot to do. It seems like dreams are always full of anxieties.

But what does endless possibilities of showers mean? Am I anxious that I smell? Doubtful--I smell like lilacs.
Anxious about decision making? I do have a lot of trouble making decisions...

I give up let's consult the dream oracle...


Shower

To dream that you are taking a shower in clear, fresh water symbolizes spiritual or physical renewal and forgiveness. You are washing the burdens out of your life. Alternatively, the dream may be a metaphor that you are "showering" someone with gifts or love.

To dream that you are taking a shower in muddy dirty water signifies misfortune and losses.

To dream that you are showering with your clothes on means that even though you may change your outer appearances, it does not change who you are on the inside. Alternatively, your dream indicates that you are unwilling to let your guard down. You are still keeping up a protective barrier between you and others.

To dream that you are showering with someone suggests that there is something that you need to "come clean" or confess to this person. It is time to be honest. Perhaps the dream is telling you that  you need to let down your guard. If you are showering with a group of people, then it means that you are feeling exposed. You feel that your sense of privacy is being invaded.


Well that's not entirely helpful.

I think what it comes down to is that I've been watching too much HGTV. I get seduced by the beautiful bathrooms on display and fantasize about one day owning both a soaking tub and a shower with the deluxe rainfall shower head.

Who knows. maybe one day I will have five different bathrooms and showers to choose from. Or maybe one day I will be forced to shower in a gazebo in the front lawn. Or maybe it really is difficult for me to put my guard down.

Dreams are always annoying like that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home