Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Confessions of a Mouth Breather

Apparently I am a mouth breather. I can't believe no one told me and now I have to embarrassingly admit it in a public forum. I've decided this is based on several realizations--none of which I'm delighted to tell anyone about but all of which make total sense.




1. I sleep with my mouth open.

I don't know how to fix this. How do you train yourself to breath through your nose while you are sleeping?
Also this causes drooling which makes my desire for separate beds after marriage a reality.

2. I've actually been flossing for almost a whole year now and my gums have not improved.

So take that dentist! Apparently, mouth breathers have gingivitis and heavy plaque build up, which explains why I've had terrible teeth my entire life. Even now when I'm actively trying to improve my gum health, nothing is changing. Mouth breathing research yields copious amounts of evidence that proves this. I am doomed to fail.

3. Controlling my breathing during running is difficult and makes me want to quit.

Running is hard. Like really, really hard and I just realized it's probably even harder for me because I have a hard time regulating my breathing appropriately.




Alright that's enough embarrassment. I don't know how to fix this mouth breathing problem but I've decided that it wouldn't hurt to actively try to stop. In the meantime I'm going to make a conscious effort to practice breathing like a normal person. And metaphorically I'm going to start writing again.

I miss writing. So I've developed a space here where I can freely write with no constraints. No subject is out of bounds. All styles of writing are welcome. Let's flex our brains and start this breathing party!


1 Comments:

At May 7, 2014 at 2:14 PM , Blogger deadlydolls said...

Yay! Glad to see you writing again. Sad to hear you're some sort of deranged mouth breathing freak. Good luck with both though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home